Photos of Spondon from the 1950s to 1970s
Bob Sims ran his shop on Sitwell Street for 50 years. He originally bought the shop when it was a single storey building…
A happy photo taken on the occasion of the visit to the Spondon Church Boys' Club by the National Patron HRH The Duke of…
A view up Moor Street
The old Wilderness residence on the corner of Sitwell Street and Poplar Avenue, now the site of the Somerfield…
Taken/Dated: c. 1960
The Grange on Park Road, one of the oldest properties in Spondon.
Photo very kindly supplied by Mrs K Bainbridge…
A clear view of St Werburgh's during landscaping work on the hill behind the church.
Spondon Power Station provided power to neighbouring industrial units such as Celanese until its demolition in 1983.
The heart of the village centre, including the old ice cream stall to the left outside Allen Stevens' shop.
The gate posts marking the former entrance to Field House at the end of Park Road.
Photo very kindly supplied by…
The former Spondon village hall. Photo very kindly supplied by Mrs Lynn Cotton of Spondon.
The old Spondon vicarage, now St Werburgh's House Nursing Home.
1950s view of the Methodist Church, very kindly supplied by Steve Hempsall of Spondon.
Taken/Dated: C. 1956
A contingent of WWI Veterans and widows and wives marching past The Homestead to St. Werburgh's for the Annual Armistice…
Aerial view of Spondon's industrial area showing the Celanese complex and Spondon Power Station in the 60s.
Beech House, home to the Barton family, can be seen to the left of this shot which is now the site of the Chapelside…
© Copyright 2000 -
About Us | Add a listing | Advertise with us | Disclaimer | Contact Us